The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have gone on their honeymoon, St James’s Palace has confirmed.
William and Kate are understood to have left on Monday for an undisclosed destination, more than a week after their wedding in Westminster Abbey.
A spokesman for St James’s Palace said he would not confirm their honeymoon destination. According to reports, the couple may have headed for the Seychelles.
“We are not confirming and we are not commenting on speculation on where they may be going on their private honeymoon, we are just confirming that they have gone,” he said.
“The couple have asked that their privacy be respected during their honeymoon.”
The Prince returned to his job as an RAF search and rescue helicopter pilot last week after marrying Kate in a spectacular ceremony celebrated around the world.
According to reports, his car was seen leaving Anglesey, North Wales, on Monday accompanied by a police Range Rover piled high with luggage.
St James’s Palace declined to say how the long the honeymoon would be but confirmed that William had taken two weeks leave from operational duties.
As well as the Seychelles, Africa, Jordan, and private islands in the Caribbean such as Necker and Mustique have been suggested as possible honeymoon destinations.