This pic reminds of those times you see someone’s profile picture and think “WOW!!!! This person looks super hot/sexy” instantly your curiosity and interest is triggered. You send a friend request on FB or add them on twitter or google+. You can’t wait to talk to them finally they accept your request or you accept theirs if they had already sent one. Then you decide to take a closer look at their photo albums (because you just have to see more of this person) and feel the wind going out your sails.
Why do people do this? Put up amazing super awesome profile pics. Then put up albums of themselves that look nothing like their profile pics? Are you following me?
So what if one day the camera was kind to you and made you look like a film star/pop star/model… It isn’t really you!! You are leading people into an illusion that only leads to disappointment.
Either keep the illusion going that you are looking freakingly awesome and post pics of that calibre inside your profile as well… or… Just post pictures of where you look normal and the camera captured your natural normal everyday look and not your film star look. Then people like me won’t have that build up and let down that we get when we click on you.
Maybe I’m being a bit over the top but this is really starting to annoy me. Got it off my chest now so feel much better already ;)
I have been tagged 2 times to answer some questions posed by my fellow bloggers The British Asian Blog and potatosandwich. It’s 3 times I’ve been tagged, I’ve just forgotten who it was :( So when I remember I will do that post too.
So here goes…
First of all the rules must be posted…
- You must post the rules
- Answer the questions tagger set for you in their post and then ‘create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged’
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!These questions were set by The British Asian Blog
- Reveal one secret now, which you have never told anyone else?There is a reason why it’s a secret, so if I’ve not told anyone up till now… I’m not going to do it now either
- From your closest friends network, name one person who you secretly envy and why? I have some amazing friends and all have done expectationally well in life, I admire and adore them but envy them I don’t. Maybe it’s because I’m just too thankful for what I have in life and never dwell too much on what I don’t.
- If you were made Prime Minister for One day of your current country or the country from you originate from with total power – what changes would you make in that one day to make your country better? Some things are just a lost cause and no matter what you do nothing will change it or help it. So what I would do is look and see what I could do for future generations to better their lives and the country I’m in charge of. I would pass a bill that has to put education on the front and given top priority and attention be given to funding this system and it made available to every child free of charge. I’m a firm believer that education is where it all starts and if we can give top education to our future generations then the country will become a better place itself.
- Do you know why men have nipples? Yes, it’s to tell which way round they are, what is their back and what is their front, because otherwise everything looks the same and we wouldn’t have a clue much like them not having a clue about themselves.
- If there is one physical aspect you would change about yourself – what would that be? I’ve never really thought about this but if I did have a chance to change something I’d probably want longer hair, really long hair.
- When was the last time you cried – and why? Right now I’m attending a wedding which has about 8 functions. It’s this families first wedding, and it’s very emotional, so tears are flowing just about all the time when we are round there joining in on the celebrations. Other than that probably Mother’s Day.
- Identify one thing you hate about yourself (physical appearance or habit)? It has to be my ability to detach myself from certain situations that. I have friends and family tell me all the time that in certain situations I become very robotic. It might be my way of coping with things but usually I prefer looking into a situation rather than being part of it.
- If you could rewind back time, tell me one thing or incident you would change in which you were involved in? Probably a funeral I went to, I still get the flash backs.
- Name one blogger (in your blogging community) you would like to meet in person? It would have to be Bobby, he is my closest friend here and we have this amazing relationship. At first when I visited his blog I thought he was a pain in the ass but he proved me wrong very quickly. We became friends during a very dark period in my life and he was there with me and for me all the way. He brings out the worst and best in me and if there is anything I appreciate about him is how he brings out the honesty in me which nobody else seems to do. So yeah Bobby it would be.
- If you had to choose between keeping a lottery win (for millions) or keeping your love of your life – which one would you choose and why? I wouldn’t pick either, both bring you nothing but misery.
- Tell us about one embarrassing incident when you was caught red handed doing something which your shouldn’t have? I fancied this biology teacher of mine, call it a crush, and one day I had skipped school. He caught me mucking about across the road from the school. I was mortified, I got into so much trouble but I was more heart broken he told me off and punished me. I honestly thought the guy loved me secretly, obviously not! My mates had a field day at school teasing me about this.. to this day they still do…
This set of questions were set by our wonderful buddy Expand and Realise
- If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I have a habit of lecturing people when I get annoyed with them. If they keep going on about something that I don’t agree with I will start.
- What three things have you learnt from your immediate family? Fight till death if you really want something, no one is ever nice to you without a reason and family isn’t everything ( they will put others first and their own needs first before they think of you )
- Today you win the lottery, what will you do in the next seven days? I don’t do the lottery so it’s kinda hard to imagine, but if I did I will be planning on leaving the country and no one gets to know where I’m going.
- If you had the chance to go back in time to view a past event, what event would that be and why? My 1st birthday, I’d love to see how it was celebrated and how happy my parents were.
- If your life was a book, what would the title be? She really was crazier than she sounded!
- If you were asked to re-design the World, what message would you give to the new human race? Everyone must be nice to everyone… then sit back and watch the drama unfold…
- Growing up, what’s the best memory you have? Sitting in a tree, with my brothers and their mates, in a Pakistani village throwing oranges at passers by. It was hilarious until we got caught.
- If you were asked to direct a film, what would it be about and what would you call it? (cannot be about your life). “He did have sex with her!” but from Hilary Clinton’s point of view. Would love to know her point of view on the whole palava… I’m hoping she will let me interview her for research on the film.
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why? Tambuktu it’s meant to be really nice there :P…
- Do you think all this “social media” and “instant communication” is a goodthing for us? Please explain your answer. Of course it is… I remember when communication between family and relatives used to take weeks and phone calls were rare, business wise we can all see the advantages but in people’s private lives it really has made all the difference. I was on skype with some friends the other day and it was just like sitting having a drink with them in my own house. I felt like they had come to visit.
- If you were to write a hand-written letter to someone, who would you address it to and what message would you write in it? It would be to my two moms and I’d probably write things to them I never got to say to them.
Now my 11 questions…
- What are the reasons or inspiration for your blog?
- If you were given 3 wishes what would you wish for? ( can’t ask for more wishes)
- Time is running out and you only have time to either have a shower or iron your clothes, what will you do?
- The reason behind you having the mobile that you do?
- A song you love but are embarrassed to let anyone know, what’s it called?
- If you were an animal, which would you be?
- If you could turn back the clock and fix a mistake you made, which would it be?
- Out of all the blogs here on wordpress which one would you recommend to me for reading?
- What’s the worst post you have ever read and why was it so bad for you?
- Why have you chosen the theme that you have on your blog?
- Your favourite quote of all time?
And my tags are…