There are things that I could tell you that would make your toes curl and your hair turn white…
There are things that I could tell you that would make you wonder and even give you a fright…
There are things I could tell you that will make you run to mommy and cry all night…
Because had you not wasted time on making your perfect mould. And had you not wanted me to be as good as gold. You will have noticed it was all true what you were told.
There were no lies from your little spies. It was all true what they saw with their beady little eyes.
I’m not perfect and I’m no angel. I’m not going to be part of your idealistic world or your pawn. I am who I am and I stand proud and loud to say “I am! oh I am! the devils spawn.”
Not long ago I did a post asking you readers to define what in your opinion was an open relationship…
The reason I asked because as you all know I’m a Facebook freak and through using fb I end up ranting and raving about it. One of the things I noticed was that many guys and girls were using “open relationship” as their relationship status.
I kept thinking how can conservative/religious people and people from strict backgrounds and youngsters be in open relationships, it just didn’t make sense. I know the world is changing but I also know that many can’t be that open minded and then broadcast it openly on Facebook, because let’s face it most of us know what the definition is of an open relationship. If not then here it is…
An open relationship is when you are with someone yet are free to see other people. No, it’s not friends with benefits because this means you are not in a relationship with this person but simply get together when it suits you. Where as, an open relationship is where you are in a relationship with this person but you are also in agreement that it’s ok to see other people. Hope that clears it up for anyone who is having any confusion over this. The poll results I will tell you about in a minute.
So, going back to Facebook, I decided to ask a few of these people what they meant by stating publicly that they are in fact in an open relationship. One guy replied… “It means I am open to a relationship”… I had to stifle my giggles. I tried to explain to him what it really meant but he thought he was right.. so I left him to it… let him be the despo plonker he sounds like…
Ok.. so.. anyway next person… (yeah he did piss me off.. I hate it when people don’t listen to me!) The next person I asked said “It means my relationship is open” This sounded better.. I ventured further and asked what do you really mean? (I thought… he doesn’t look that clever so let’s be sure he knows what he’s talking about) He then told me with great relish it means he is open to have sex with a girl. I asked “Do yo mean lots of girls?” He replies with astonishment “Have you no shame? Of course not… only one girl will be enough! If I can get one… I am open to lots of sex” ok enough said
A few others I asked thought it meant you are bisexual but none who displayed this as their status actually were in open relationships or knew exactly what it meant and not many wanted their partners sleeping with other people.
It was quite a day defining the true meaning to them.. I really should become a lecturer, I think I’d do a grand job!
So the final results of my poll… the question asked was…
A whopping 64% of you knew what the answer was and the rest of you were divided between friends with benefits or open to a relationship with no limits where anything goes. 4% of you thought it meant same sex and another 4% weren’t sure… so all in all most of you are aware of the definition… it’s just numpties on Facebook who don’t have a clue…
I’m fed up with those conversations you hear between people. One starts talking and the other will say “yeah yeah I read all about it on fb” that just kills the conversation.
Fb really has killed the art of conversation between people. It’s like there is nothing left to talk about anymore because everybody already knows your business, even people who you didn’t think read your wall, do. They know more about you than you do.
I know social networks do serve a genuine purpose but I personally do believe they have taken over people’s personal lives too.
Gone were the days gossip was passed word of mouth and bitching was done behind closed doors. Now if you don’t have a fb you’re left out and don’t fit in.
It’s almost used as a reference to every conversation one is having. Either it was on Facebook or you’re told to check fb first before you can be part of the main topic at hand.
So nowadays it’s update yourself on fb goings on and then try to be part of a social circle… Oops sorry fb is the social circle.
Even your priest follows you…
This pic reminds of those times you see someone’s profile picture and think “WOW!!!! This person looks super hot/sexy” instantly your curiosity and interest is triggered. You send a friend request on FB or add them on twitter or google+. You can’t wait to talk to them finally they accept your request or you accept theirs if they had already sent one. Then you decide to take a closer look at their photo albums (because you just have to see more of this person) and feel the wind going out your sails.
Why do people do this? Put up amazing super awesome profile pics. Then put up albums of themselves that look nothing like their profile pics? Are you following me?
So what if one day the camera was kind to you and made you look like a film star/pop star/model… It isn’t really you!! You are leading people into an illusion that only leads to disappointment.
Either keep the illusion going that you are looking freakingly awesome and post pics of that calibre inside your profile as well… or… Just post pictures of where you look normal and the camera captured your natural normal everyday look and not your film star look. Then people like me won’t have that build up and let down that we get when we click on you.
Maybe I’m being a bit over the top but this is really starting to annoy me. Got it off my chest now so feel much better already 😉
YaaayyyYYyyy It’s true my blog is 1 years old today. And what a year I have had!
It truly has been awesome and a truly amazing experience. When I started blogging it was just really to prove a point but as time went on I realised that this was something truly special and something that I could do and make a success of it.
My success isn’t in my stats but more so in the people I have I met here and what I have learned on this eye opening journey not just about the world and people around us but also about myself.
I have ranted and raved here, laughed hysterically and also shed a few tears (it’s true!) But the biggest lesson I learned in all of this is that I’m not alone with these feelings and thoughts, there are others who feel the same way as I do and think like me too.
As time has gone on I feel my blog has become more personal and I’ve realised the more personal I’ve become the more followers I get. It was hard at first writing about personal things but slowly slowly it I’ve been able to open to you people and the positive feed back, words of encouragement and advice has been brilliant and well worth it. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
So here it is I am 1 years old today…
I have been tagged 2 times to answer some questions posed by my fellow bloggers The British Asian Blog and potatosandwich. It’s 3 times I’ve been tagged, I’ve just forgotten who it was 😦 So when I remember I will do that post too.
So here goes…
First of all the rules must be posted…
- You must post the rules
- Answer the questions tagger set for you in their post and then ‘create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged’
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!These questions were set by The British Asian Blog
- Reveal one secret now, which you have never told anyone else?There is a reason why it’s a secret, so if I’ve not told anyone up till now… I’m not going to do it now either
- From your closest friends network, name one person who you secretly envy and why? I have some amazing friends and all have done expectationally well in life, I admire and adore them but envy them I don’t. Maybe it’s because I’m just too thankful for what I have in life and never dwell too much on what I don’t.
- If you were made Prime Minister for One day of your current country or the country from you originate from with total power – what changes would you make in that one day to make your country better? Some things are just a lost cause and no matter what you do nothing will change it or help it. So what I would do is look and see what I could do for future generations to better their lives and the country I’m in charge of. I would pass a bill that has to put education on the front and given top priority and attention be given to funding this system and it made available to every child free of charge. I’m a firm believer that education is where it all starts and if we can give top education to our future generations then the country will become a better place itself.
- Do you know why men have nipples? Yes, it’s to tell which way round they are, what is their back and what is their front, because otherwise everything looks the same and we wouldn’t have a clue much like them not having a clue about themselves.
- If there is one physical aspect you would change about yourself – what would that be? I’ve never really thought about this but if I did have a chance to change something I’d probably want longer hair, really long hair.
- When was the last time you cried – and why? Right now I’m attending a wedding which has about 8 functions. It’s this families first wedding, and it’s very emotional, so tears are flowing just about all the time when we are round there joining in on the celebrations. Other than that probably Mother’s Day.
- Identify one thing you hate about yourself (physical appearance or habit)? It has to be my ability to detach myself from certain situations that. I have friends and family tell me all the time that in certain situations I become very robotic. It might be my way of coping with things but usually I prefer looking into a situation rather than being part of it.
- If you could rewind back time, tell me one thing or incident you would change in which you were involved in? Probably a funeral I went to, I still get the flash backs.
- Name one blogger (in your blogging community) you would like to meet in person? It would have to be Bobby, he is my closest friend here and we have this amazing relationship. At first when I visited his blog I thought he was a pain in the ass but he proved me wrong very quickly. We became friends during a very dark period in my life and he was there with me and for me all the way. He brings out the worst and best in me and if there is anything I appreciate about him is how he brings out the honesty in me which nobody else seems to do. So yeah Bobby it would be.
- If you had to choose between keeping a lottery win (for millions) or keeping your love of your life – which one would you choose and why? I wouldn’t pick either, both bring you nothing but misery.
- Tell us about one embarrassing incident when you was caught red handed doing something which your shouldn’t have? I fancied this biology teacher of mine, call it a crush, and one day I had skipped school. He caught me mucking about across the road from the school. I was mortified, I got into so much trouble but I was more heart broken he told me off and punished me. I honestly thought the guy loved me secretly, obviously not! My mates had a field day at school teasing me about this.. to this day they still do…
This set of questions were set by our wonderful buddy Expand and Realise
- If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I have a habit of lecturing people when I get annoyed with them. If they keep going on about something that I don’t agree with I will start.
- What three things have you learnt from your immediate family? Fight till death if you really want something, no one is ever nice to you without a reason and family isn’t everything ( they will put others first and their own needs first before they think of you )
- Today you win the lottery, what will you do in the next seven days? I don’t do the lottery so it’s kinda hard to imagine, but if I did I will be planning on leaving the country and no one gets to know where I’m going.
- If you had the chance to go back in time to view a past event, what event would that be and why? My 1st birthday, I’d love to see how it was celebrated and how happy my parents were.
- If your life was a book, what would the title be? She really was crazier than she sounded!
- If you were asked to re-design the World, what message would you give to the new human race? Everyone must be nice to everyone… then sit back and watch the drama unfold…
- Growing up, what’s the best memory you have? Sitting in a tree, with my brothers and their mates, in a Pakistani village throwing oranges at passers by. It was hilarious until we got caught.
- If you were asked to direct a film, what would it be about and what would you call it? (cannot be about your life). “He did have sex with her!” but from Hilary Clinton’s point of view. Would love to know her point of view on the whole palava… I’m hoping she will let me interview her for research on the film.
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why? Tambuktu it’s meant to be really nice there :P…
- Do you think all this “social media” and “instant communication” is a goodthing for us? Please explain your answer. Of course it is… I remember when communication between family and relatives used to take weeks and phone calls were rare, business wise we can all see the advantages but in people’s private lives it really has made all the difference. I was on skype with some friends the other day and it was just like sitting having a drink with them in my own house. I felt like they had come to visit.
- If you were to write a hand-written letter to someone, who would you address it to and what message would you write in it? It would be to my two moms and I’d probably write things to them I never got to say to them.
Now my 11 questions…
- What are the reasons or inspiration for your blog?
- If you were given 3 wishes what would you wish for? ( can’t ask for more wishes)
- Time is running out and you only have time to either have a shower or iron your clothes, what will you do?
- The reason behind you having the mobile that you do?
- A song you love but are embarrassed to let anyone know, what’s it called?
- If you were an animal, which would you be?
- If you could turn back the clock and fix a mistake you made, which would it be?
- Out of all the blogs here on wordpress which one would you recommend to me for reading?
- What’s the worst post you have ever read and why was it so bad for you?
- Why have you chosen the theme that you have on your blog?
- Your favourite quote of all time?
And my tags are…