I have been tagged 2 times to answer some questions posed by my fellow bloggers The British Asian Blog and potatosandwich. It’s 3 times I’ve been tagged, I’ve just forgotten who it was So when I remember I will do that post too.
So here goes…
First of all the rules must be posted…
- You must post the rules
- Answer the questions tagger set for you in their post and then ‘create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged’
- Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!These questions were set by The British Asian Blog
- Reveal one secret now, which you have never told anyone else?There is a reason why it’s a secret, so if I’ve not told anyone up till now… I’m not going to do it now either
- From your closest friends network, name one person who you secretly envy and why? I have some amazing friends and all have done expectationally well in life, I admire and adore them but envy them I don’t. Maybe it’s because I’m just too thankful for what I have in life and never dwell too much on what I don’t.
- If you were made Prime Minister for One day of your current country or the country from you originate from with total power – what changes would you make in that one day to make your country better? Some things are just a lost cause and no matter what you do nothing will change it or help it. So what I would do is look and see what I could do for future generations to better their lives and the country I’m in charge of. I would pass a bill that has to put education on the front and given top priority and attention be given to funding this system and it made available to every child free of charge. I’m a firm believer that education is where it all starts and if we can give top education to our future generations then the country will become a better place itself.
- Do you know why men have nipples? Yes, it’s to tell which way round they are, what is their back and what is their front, because otherwise everything looks the same and we wouldn’t have a clue much like them not having a clue about themselves.
- If there is one physical aspect you would change about yourself – what would that be? I’ve never really thought about this but if I did have a chance to change something I’d probably want longer hair, really long hair.
- When was the last time you cried – and why? Right now I’m attending a wedding which has about 8 functions. It’s this families first wedding, and it’s very emotional, so tears are flowing just about all the time when we are round there joining in on the celebrations. Other than that probably Mother’s Day.
- Identify one thing you hate about yourself (physical appearance or habit)? It has to be my ability to detach myself from certain situations that. I have friends and family tell me all the time that in certain situations I become very robotic. It might be my way of coping with things but usually I prefer looking into a situation rather than being part of it.
- If you could rewind back time, tell me one thing or incident you would change in which you were involved in? Probably a funeral I went to, I still get the flash backs.
- Name one blogger (in your blogging community) you would like to meet in person? It would have to be Bobby, he is my closest friend here and we have this amazing relationship. At first when I visited his blog I thought he was a pain in the ass but he proved me wrong very quickly. We became friends during a very dark period in my life and he was there with me and for me all the way. He brings out the worst and best in me and if there is anything I appreciate about him is how he brings out the honesty in me which nobody else seems to do. So yeah Bobby it would be.
- If you had to choose between keeping a lottery win (for millions) or keeping your love of your life – which one would you choose and why? I wouldn’t pick either, both bring you nothing but misery.
- Tell us about one embarrassing incident when you was caught red handed doing something which your shouldn’t have? I fancied this biology teacher of mine, call it a crush, and one day I had skipped school. He caught me mucking about across the road from the school. I was mortified, I got into so much trouble but I was more heart broken he told me off and punished me. I honestly thought the guy loved me secretly, obviously not! My mates had a field day at school teasing me about this.. to this day they still do…
This set of questions were set by our wonderful buddy Expand and Realise
- If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I have a habit of lecturing people when I get annoyed with them. If they keep going on about something that I don’t agree with I will start.
- What three things have you learnt from your immediate family? Fight till death if you really want something, no one is ever nice to you without a reason and family isn’t everything ( they will put others first and their own needs first before they think of you )
- Today you win the lottery, what will you do in the next seven days? I don’t do the lottery so it’s kinda hard to imagine, but if I did I will be planning on leaving the country and no one gets to know where I’m going.
- If you had the chance to go back in time to view a past event, what event would that be and why? My 1st birthday, I’d love to see how it was celebrated and how happy my parents were.
- If your life was a book, what would the title be? She really was crazier than she sounded!
- If you were asked to re-design the World, what message would you give to the new human race? Everyone must be nice to everyone… then sit back and watch the drama unfold…
- Growing up, what’s the best memory you have? Sitting in a tree, with my brothers and their mates, in a Pakistani village throwing oranges at passers by. It was hilarious until we got caught.
- If you were asked to direct a film, what would it be about and what would you call it? (cannot be about your life). ”He did have sex with her!” but from Hilary Clinton’s point of view. Would love to know her point of view on the whole palava… I’m hoping she will let me interview her for research on the film.
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why? Tambuktu it’s meant to be really nice there …
- Do you think all this “social media” and “instant communication” is a goodthing for us? Please explain your answer. Of course it is… I remember when communication between family and relatives used to take weeks and phone calls were rare, business wise we can all see the advantages but in people’s private lives it really has made all the difference. I was on skype with some friends the other day and it was just like sitting having a drink with them in my own house. I felt like they had come to visit.
- If you were to write a hand-written letter to someone, who would you address it to and what message would you write in it? It would be to my two moms and I’d probably write things to them I never got to say to them.
Now my 11 questions…
- What are the reasons or inspiration for your blog?
- If you were given 3 wishes what would you wish for? ( can’t ask for more wishes)
- Time is running out and you only have time to either have a shower or iron your clothes, what will you do?
- The reason behind you having the mobile that you do?
- A song you love but are embarrassed to let anyone know, what’s it called?
- If you were an animal, which would you be?
- If you could turn back the clock and fix a mistake you made, which would it be?
- Out of all the blogs here on wordpress which one would you recommend to me for reading?
- What’s the worst post you have ever read and why was it so bad for you?
- Why have you chosen the theme that you have on your blog?
- Your favourite quote of all time?
And my tags are…
Hundreds of people were asked to “describe your own job in one sentence, preferably in a humorously derogatory way.” Here are the best replies taken from hundreds…
- Read things that don’t matter, then write papers saying they do matter, for points that don’t matter, in order to get a job doing something totally unrelated: Student
- Take numbers on pieces of paper, rearrange them and put them on different pieces of paper: Tax Accountant
- Explain big words to sales people and then cower before customers while trying to convince them that the sales people really didn’t say what the customers understood: Customer Solutions Engineer
- Learn laws created ages ago so that I can tell engineers why I’m smarter than they are while complaining how it’s a travesty that they get paid more: Physics major
- Show you innovative ways to burn money in the spirit of patriotism: Fireworks Stand Manager
- Help people lie consistently to their bosses: Business Intelligence Consultant
- Teach your kids enough to complain but not enough to make a difference: College Teacher
- Pass poisonous gas on command: Research Assistant in solid state ammonia storage
- Make people who are already filthy rich somewhat richer by duping poor people into buying stuff they don’t need: Corporate Software Engineer
- Find as many synonyms for “explosion” as possible: Novelist for Teenage Boys
- Supervise the guys and gals who try to protect the good people from the bad, only to be hated by the good people AND the bad: Police Sergeant
- Make corporate propaganda feel like folksy truthisms: TV Ad Director
- Manage waste recycling, promotion & sales: Antiques Dealer
- Arrive after the battle and bayonet all the wounded: Auditor
- Sell gas: Energy and Telecom Business Analyst
- Tell forty year-old men it’s okay to behave like fourteen year-old school girls: Printing Press Production Coordinator
- Provide arcane information on a need-to-know basis: Chief Accountant
- Shepherd clients through the process of setting their products on fire: Consumer Products Tester
- Manage urban renewal and pest control: B-52 Bomber pilot
- Persuade kids that it’s really fun being wet, cold and scared out of their minds: Sailing Instructor
- Draw up plans for something that will not be built according to those plans: Civil Engineer, Transportation Design
- Teach kids to be evil…or so they say: Video Game Creator
- Ensure that stupid people stay in the gene pool: Lifeguard
- Spend most of the day looking out the window: Pilot
- Wear a tuxedo and smash metal plates into each other: Musician
- Go to strange people’s houses and take their money: Pizza Delivery Boy
- Sell gluttony: Cinema Concession Stand Attendant
- Tell people that they can’t spend money they thought they had: Government Analyst
- Take pictures of the unlucky and the stupid: X-ray Technician
- Profit from the misfortunes of others: Cops and Courts Reporter
- Take a simple two-way promise and turn it into several complicated one-way promises which neither side can understand or hope to fulfill: Lawyer
- Bring a little rain into the lives of flood victims: Government Debt Collector
- Have people spend far more than they estimated: Building Inspector
- Make sure nothing ever happens: IT Security
- Move things from one tube to another: Microbiologist
- Try not to kill the baby: Housewife
- Misinterpret the universe: Astronomer
- Be a human napkin: Stay-at-home mom of three
- Run away and call the police: Security Guard
- Copy and paste the Internet: Student
- Help people hate each other: Divorce Lawyer (Scott Adams’ favorite)
- Stand on a field and get yelled at for hours: Baseball Umpire
- Talk in other people’s sleep: College Professor
- Call people who know what they’re doing and ask them what they’re doing: Incident Manager
- Show people how beautiful the Earth would be without them: Mountain Landscape Photographer/Climber
- Make people feel bad about their work: Quality Assurance Tester
- Repeatedly fix what you repeatedly break: IT Director
- Clean up an animal that makes more money then me in a year: Assistant Horse Trainer
- Write words that no one wants to read: Technical Writer
- Make food that is as healthy before it goes in your body as when it comes back out: Fast Food EmployeeTaken from the internetWhat’s your job description?
I put this question up on Facebook the other day and was surprised and shocked by some of the answers.
So just wanting to do some research on what you think the definition is of an open relationship… please take the time to cast your vote. Remember all answers will be anonymous.
Post and results will follow soon.
I keep getting told of for sleeping too much and I really don’t see what the problem is.
I love to sleep, I plan my day around my sleeping. Most of the time all I think about the next time I can get a chance to lie down and get some more sleep. It’s just the way I am and always have been.
I think one of the issues is that I go to bed really late at night and am back up early next morning, so I end up spending the rest of the day making up for it.
What I hate is being prevented from sleeping or being disturbed from it, that’s really annoying and irritating. The people in my house have learnt not to mess with me when I’m tired and grumpy or disturb me when I’m sleeping. Otherwise I’m just a really nice person
But apart from nagging family and friends ruining your sleep these are other things that can ruin your sleep too.
Use your bedroom as a stimulating multipurpose room. Filling your bedroom with televisions, gaming systems, computers, telephones, and other gadgets will ensure a plethora of stimulation will be at hand. Unfortunately, none of these will help you to sleep better. Using them just prior to bed will prompt your brain to be active, and this is the last thing you need to fall asleep. I must say I take my iPhone to bed and have a TV in my room and I have no trouble falling asleep.
Eat a large meal or drink lots of fluids right before bed. There’s nothing like a full bladder or stomach to disrupt your sleep. Getting up to urinate will interrupt sound rest, so drinking too much before bed may mean multiple trips to the bathroom during the night. Eating a large meal near bedtime may provoke heartburn symptoms when you lie down that can make you uncomfortable. Taking a pillow to the bathroom sometimes helps
When you can’t sleep, just lie there and suffer. If you are having trouble getting to sleep, the last thing you need to do is lie there awake. If this happens chronically, as may occur in insomnia, you may learn to associate your bed with anxiety and not being asleep. Rather than tossing and turning, try a relaxing activity like reading. Or call a mate and have a chin wag
I have one of these issues just about every night when I try to sleep somewhere that is too cold, too warm, or too noisy. It’s no use trying to sleep somewhere that is stimulating to our senses. If the stereo is blaring, the lights are on, and it’s stifling, how can you expect to sleep? Subtle variations on this theme will likewise make it hard to catch a few winks. The other night I was freezing when the power went. I was awake all night.
Take prolonged naps. This one may be a little controversial. Some cultures promote the midday nap, and many people swear by them. If you sleep well at night, it may not be a problem. However, if you are having trouble sleeping then, the last thing you need to do is to add fuel to the fire by sleeping some during the day. Naps diminish your ability to sleep at night, and excessive daytime sleepiness may suggest a sleep disorder.
Enjoy an alcoholic drink, cup of coffee, or cigarette just prior to bed. Though grandpa may have always enjoyed an alcoholic “nightcap” to get to sleep, this is actually not helpful. It may cause you to feel a little drowsy, but it fragments the stages of your sleep and makes it more disrupted. Caffeinated beverages like coffee, tea, soda pop, and foods like chocolate work as stimulants to keep you awake. Likewise, nicotine from a cigarette will ruin your ability to sleep, and the craving associated with withdrawal may wake you during the night. These things should be avoided in the six hours before bed. I think I need to stop drinking diet coke, it might be what my problem is.
When you get busy, just sleep less. We all get busy for different reasons, and it’s easy to find extra time in the day by sleeping less. Why waste eight hours in bed? Wouldn’t you rather be watching television, playing on the internet, or spending time with your friends or family? Unfortunately the quality of the time we spend awake is significantly impacted by not getting enough rest. If you cut back on sleep, you may find that you aren’t gaining much if you spend the day bleary-eyed and befuddled. I seem to be that way anyway no matter how much I sleep
Stay active until the moment you hop into bed. Sleep is a quiet, relaxing activity, so it doesn’t make much sense to try to transition to that directly from something that is quite the opposite. Our bodies don’t do well with abrupt changes. The same is true for getting ready to sleep. Quiet sleep rituals such as reading, listening to calming music, or taking a nice bath helps prepare us mentally and physically for sleep. If I take a bath or shower I’m wide awake!
Exercise before bed. Although it is ideal to exercise every day — and this will likely ensure a good night’s sleep — doing it right before bed is a bad idea. It causes difficulties as your body will be revved up when you should be winding down. I’m too lazy to exercise.
Vary your sleep time from one day to the next.We are creatures of habit, and our sleep is no exception. If you go to bed and get up at different times every day, your body will have no sense of when it is supposed to feel tired and sleep. This ultimately depends on our natural clock called the circadian rhythm, and varying the times we are asleep can negatively influence it. By keeping a consistent schedule, we are able to sleep better.So there you have it, if you want to sleep well and undisturbed these are some great tips. Taken from net but most of these are common sense things anyway. Wish everyone to sleep well just like me.
that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.
that no matter how much I care, some people just don’t care back.
that it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
that no matter how good a friend is, they’re going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
that it’s not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.
that you should never ruin an apology with an excuse.
that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you’d better know something.
that you shouldn’t compare yourself to the best others can do.
that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
that it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.
that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
that you can keep going long after you can’t.
that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
that either you control your attitude or it controls you.
that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.
that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
that money is a lousy way of keeping score.
that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.
that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you’re down will be the ones to help you get back up.
that sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.
that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.
that just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you’ve celebrated.
that you should never tell a child their dreams are unlikely or outlandish. Few things are more humiliating, and what a tragedy it would be if they believed it.
that your family won’t always be there for you. It may seem funny, but people you aren’t related to can take care of you and love you and teach you to trust people again. Families aren’t biological.
that it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you are to learn to forgive yourself.
that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn’t stop for your grief.
that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
that a rich person is not the one who has the most, but is one who needs the least.
that just because two people argue, it doesn’t mean they don’t love each other. And just because they don’t argue, it doesn’t mean they do.
that we don’t have to change friends if we understand that friends change.
that you shouldn’t be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.
that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
that no matter how you try to protect your children, they will eventually get hurt and you will hurt in the process.
that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.
that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.
that it’s hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting people’s feelings, and standing up for what you believe.
that people will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
By Umar B Washington.
I’ve just spent the past few days changing all my settings on Facebook and my e.mail addresses as someone is trying to gain access to my Facebook account. This idiot I think has even managed to log in at one point as I got a text saying “iPad logged into your Facebook account at… bla bla..” the thing, is no one in my household has an iPad so I have no clue to what is really going on…
I don’t share my password with anyone and have not used any public computers. The thought of someone being in my Facebook is really pissing off to say the least. Eventually I thought I better just change my settings, password and update e.mail addresses too. Better to be safe than sorry.
With Facebook stepping up on security and privacy settings we are all still vulnerable to being hacked. Whether that may be on Facebook or our e.mails etc. I have decided to compile a list of things that I think everyone should know about protecting themselves from hackers.
- Keep your social networks (i.e facebook, google+ etc.) e.mail addresses private, that means don’t share them with anyone or display them on your profiles. The most common way your accounts are hacked is through your e.mail addresses. I will tell you in a bit how to protect them too.
- For chatting, for instance on yahoo and msn, use separate e.mail addresses. As these are more public and you are more likely to share them out more.
- As we move more and more towards paper statements, internet banking and paying bills on-line and buying on-line our details are more likely to be in our e.mails. For your private affairs like banking, bills, accounts, credit cards and other private financial matters use a separate e.mail account. Don’t share these with anyone else.
Okay, the reason why I’m advising on separate e.mail accounts for your most personal things is because even if they are hacked at least you wont have all your eggs in one basket. So if you keep things separate you are more likely to have some damage control in the worst case scenario.
Now let’s move on to passwords. I am the type that uses the same password for everything as I find it hard to remember different ones. While it seems the best thing to do, it really is a big risk. An easy way to get hacked is to give a site your e-mail address and then use the same password at that site. The same goes if you use the same user name and password at two or more sites. If the site does not encrypt the password, then there is a huge problem. Anyone who works for the site and has access to this information (or gains it) now has everything they need to log-in to your account. While most sites protect passwords, there are still ways for employees to get it. Attacks from within a company are actually the most common. At the least, use a different password for your e-mail account than everything else.
Your password must always include numbers and letters of no sequence.. like 123456.. always jumble them up… I find it easy to use a word and then add numbers .. here is an example…
now the numbers can be the last four digits of a mobile number or a date that you will remember always… or you can put numbers in the word.. whatever you do… make sure it’s not something anyone can easily guess.
Now let’s talk about your e.mail security questions. Remember to apply the same rule to your answer… because if someone knows you personally they will be able to answer your security question no problem. So always mix up your answer with some numbers and extra letters. Even then if someone knows what street you grew up on or where your mother was born, they wont have the exact answer.
Always set up alternate email accounts and make sure they are secure too.
A recovery e-mail account is a method a lot of systems use to help you get back into an account that you have lost the password for. This could be for a site like Facebook or for another e-mail account like Gmail. The idea is simple. You ask the site to send you your password (some will just reset it). The site says: “Sure, it’s been e-mailed to you.” As long as you have access to that other account, you are just fine and dandy.
Check your recovery e-mail account every three months or so. If you do not, the account may be deleted. Someone else can now claim it. If someone claims that account accidentally and you reset your password, then you just lost control of your main account. If it was on purpose, then the next step is to simply go through the password recovery process.
My advice is to check this account before reading any further if you have not done so recently. This is the one tip that I found I had not followed when I heard about it. Fortunately, I grabbed the accounts back before someone else did.
Also most sites now as you to register your mobile with them so when you are in the recovery process they can just send you the code. My suggestion is to apply everything to your account if they options are there to do so. So even if let’s say you can’t access your recovery email address you can use one of the other methods, security question or email recovery.
While most of this stuff is common sense, we always think it wont happen to me but you just never know. So always be safe and be aware!